▣ Lecture outline
|This course will provide an in-depth understanding of the inner workings of microprocessors and the ability to analyze and design computer systems. Topics covered include instruction set architectures, computer arithmetic, pipelining, caches and memory hierarchy, multicores, and IO and bus subsystem. We will also study computer sytems from the perspective of programmers. We will first discuss sofware development tools such as compilers, linkers, and loaders. Then, we will study the fundamental concepts of operating system and its programming interfaces, which include processes, exceptions, signals, and virtual memory.|
▣ Professor : Lynn Choi( firstname.lastname@example.org, Engineering Bldg, #411, 3290-3249)
▣ Assistant : WonJoon Son(email@example.com, Engineering Bldg, #236, 3290-3896)
▣ Time(Place) : Monday(5), Wednesday(5) Innovation Bldg, #110
▣ Textbook : "Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware / Software Interface", Patterson & Hennessy, Elsevier Korea LLC, 5th Edition, Asian Edition, 2014
▣ Reference book : "Computer Systems: A Programmer's Perspective", Randal E. Bryant and David O'Hallaron, Prentice Hall, 2nd Edition, 2011.
Collection of Lecture Slides
▣ Bulitin Board : http://it.korea.ac.kr/engine/index.php?mid=class_notice
▣ Class notice
1. Lecture Note 1 was updated on March 3.
2. Lecture Note 2 was updated on March 11.
3. Lecture Note 3 was updated on March 19.
4. Lecture Note 4 was updated on April 1.
5. Lecture Note 5 was updated on April 8.
6. Project Description was updated on April 8.
7. Midterm Exam : 4/17
8. No Class : 4/15 , 4/22
9. Lecture Note 6 was updated on April 30.
10. Lecture Note 7 was updated on May 28.
11. Lecture Note 8 was updated on May 30.
▣ Lecture slide