▣ Lecture outline
|This course will provide an in-depth understanding of the inner workings of microprocessors and the ability to analyze and design computer systems. Topics covered include instruction set architectures, computer arithmetic, pipelining, caches and memory hierarchy, multicores, and IO and bus subsystem. We will also study computer sytems from the perspective of programmers. We will first discuss sofware development tools such as compilers, linkers, and loaders. Then, we will study the fundamental concepts of operating system and its programming interfaces, which include processes, exceptions, signals, and virtual memory.|
▣ Time(Place) : Monday(5), Wednesday(5) Online
▣ Textbook : "Computer Organization and Design (MIPS Edition) The Hardware/Software Interface", Patterson & Hennessy, Elsevier Korea LLC, 6th Edition, 2020
▣ Reference book : "Computer Systems: A Programmer's Perspective", Randal E. Bryant and David O'Hallaron, Prentice Hall, 2nd Edition, 2011.
Collection of Lecture Slides
▣ Bulitin Board : http://it.korea.ac.kr/engine/index.php?mid=class_notice
▣ Class notice
1. Lecture Note 1 was updated on March 2nd.
2. 강의는 블랙보드 줌 회의를 통해서 진행됩니다.
3. Lecture Note 2 was updated on March 21st.
4. Lecture Note 3 was updated on March 29th.
5. Lecture Note 4 was updated on April 6th.
6. Lecture Note 5 was updated on April 18th.
7. Lecture Note 6 was updated on May 3rd.
8. Lecture Note 7 was updated on May 23th.
9. Lecture Note 8 was updated on May 30th.
▣ Lecture slide
▣ Test score