▣ Lecture outline
|This course will provide an in-depth understanding of the inner workings of microprocessors and the ability to analyze and design computer systems. Topics covered include instruction set architectures, computer arithmetic, pipelining, caches and memory hierarchy, multicores, and IO and bus subsystem. We will also study computer sytems from the perspective of programmers. We will first discuss sofware development tools such as compilers, linkers, and loaders. Then, we will study the fundamental concepts of operating system and its programming interfaces, which include processes, exceptions, signals, and virtual memory.|
▣ Professor : Lynn Choi( firstname.lastname@example.org, Engineering Bldg, #411, 3290-3249)
▣ Assistant : HanJun Bae(email@example.com, Engineering Bldg, #236, 3290-3896)
▣ Time(Place) : Monday(5), Wednesday(5) Innovation Bldg, #116
▣ Textbook : "Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware / Software Interface", Patterson & Hennessy, Elsevier Korea LLC, 5th Edition, Asian Edition, 2014
▣ Reference book : "Computer Systems: A Programmer's Perspective", Randal E. Bryant and David O'Hallaron, Prentice Hall, 2nd Edition, 2011.
Collection of Lecture Slides
▣ Bulitin Board : http://it.korea.ac.kr/engine/index.php?mid=class_notice
▣ Class notice
1. Lecture Note 1 was updated on March 4.
2. Lecture Note 2 was updated on March 12.
3. Lecture Note 3 was updated on March 26.
4. Lecture Note 4 was updated on April 8.
5. Lecture Note 3 was updated again on April 11.
6. Lecture Note 5 was updated on April 15.
7. April 23 is midterm exam and April 25 lecture is cancelled.
9. TA will explain about project and lecture on May 2
10. Lecture Note 5 was updated again on April 30.
11. Lecture Note 6 was updated on April 30.
12. Midterm grade has been posted. Please contact TA by e-mail if you have any problems with your grade. (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
13. Lecture Note 6 was updated again on May 16.
14. The project submission deadline has been extended to June 8 (Friday).15. Lecture Note 7 was updated on May 23.
16. Lecture Note 7 was updated again on May 30.
17. Lecture Note 8 was updated on May 30.
▣ Lecture slide