▣ Lecture outline
|This course is to understand the concepts, structure, and mechanisms of operating systems. An operating system is at the center of a computer system platform. Nowadays computer systems include embedded systems, smart phones, PCs, severs, mainfraims, and supercomputers. The variety is not just in the capacity and speed of machines but in applications that OS needs to support. The topics this class discuss include processes, threads, virtual memory, scheduling, input and output, files, security, network, and distributed systems.|
▣ Professor : Lynn Choi( firstname.lastname@example.org, Engineering Bldg, #411, 3290-3249)
▣ Assistant : HanJun Bae(email@example.com, Engineering Bldg, #236, 3290-3896)
▣ Time(Place) : Monday(5) Wednesday(5) Innovation Building, #207
▣ Textbook : Operating Systems: Internals and Design Principles, William Stallings, 8th Edition, International Edition, Pearson, 2015.
▣ Reference book : A Collection of Research Papers
▣ Class notice
1. Lecture Note 1 was updated on August 30th.
2. Lecture Note 1 was updated again on September 3rd.
3. Lecture Note 1 was updated again on September 4th.
4. Lecture Note 2 was updated on September 5th.
5. Lecture Note 2 was updated again on September 10th.
6. Lecture Note 2 was updated again on September 13th.
7. Lecture Note 3 was updated on September 18th.
8. Lecture Note 4 was updated on September 25th.
9. Lecture Note 4 was updated again on September 26th.
10. Lecture Note 5 was updated on October 12th.
11. Thread Project was updated on October 17th.
12. Lecture Note 6 was updated on October 29th.
13. Lecture Note 7 was updated on October 30th.
14. 11월 15일 수업은 교수님 회의 일정으로 인해 휴강합니다. 보강은 12월 1일 오후 2시 공학관 466호에서 진행됩니다.
15. 중간고사 성적이 나왔습니다. 문제가 있을 시 오른쪽의 e-mail로 연락해주시기 바랍니다. (e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org)
16. Lecture Note 8 was updated on November 20th.
17. Lecture Note 7 was updated again on November 20th.
18. Lecture Note 9 was updated again on November 27th.
19. 프로젝트 제출기한이 12월 8일 금요일로 연장되었습니다.
20. Lecture Note 10 was updated on November 30th.
21. Lecture Note 11 was updated on December 12th.
22. 기말고사 시험은 12월 18일 월요일 오후 2시에 진행됩니다.
23. 기말고사의 시험범위는 CH6. Unix Concurrency(Signal 포함) 부터 CH12. File Management 까지 입니다.
24. 기말고사 성적을 게시하였습니다.
▣ Lecture slide
11. File Management
▣ Paper Presentation
▣ Reading List