▣ Lecture outline
|Traditional speedup curve of Amdahl's law no longer applies to computer system performance. All the recent high-performance designs of Intel, IBM, and Sun rely on multi-core technology. This technical shift from ILP (instruction-level parallelism) to TLP (thread-level parallelism) will reshape the design of future microprocessors. In this course, we will cover both ILP and TLP techniques. The topics we cover include adaptive dynamic branch prediction, high-bandwidth instruction fetch, dynamic scheduling, multiple issue, speculation, multithreading, symmetric multiprocessors, distributed shared memory multiprocessors, synchronization and consistency, and cache and memory hierarchy designs.|
▣ Professor : Lynn Choi( firstname.lastname@example.org, Engineering Bldg, #411, 3290-3249)
▣ Assistant : Han Jun Bae(email@example.com, Engineering Bldg, #236, 3290-3896)
▣ Time(Place) : Wednesday(1-2) Online
▣ Textbook : "Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach", John L. Hennessy and David A. Patterson, Morgan Kaufmann, 5th Edition, 2012
▣ Reference book : A Collection of Research Papers
▣ Bulitin Board : http://it.korea.ac.kr/engine/index.php?mid=class_notice
▣ Class notice
1. Lecture Note 1 was updated on Feburary 28th.
2. 강의는 블랙보드 줌 회의를 통해서 진행됩니다.
3. Lecture Note 2 was updated on March 22nd.
4. Lecture Note 3 was updated on March 29th.
5. Lecture Note 4 was updated on April 5th.
6. Lecture Note 5 was updated on April 11th.
7. 중간고사는 4월 27일 수요일 오전 9시 공학관 166호에서 진행될 예정입니다.
8. Lecture Note 3 was updated on April 20th again.
9. Lecture Note 6 was updated on May 3rd again.
10. Lecture Note 7 was updated on May 11th.
11. Lecture Note 8 was updated on May 11th.
12. 기말고사는 6월 15일 수요일 오전 9시 공학관 166호에서 진행될 예정입니다.
▣ Lecture slide
▣ Paper Presentation
▣ Reading List