▣ Lecture outline
|Traditional speedup curve of Amdahl's law no longer applies to computer system performance. All the recent high-performance designs of Intel, IBM, and Sun rely on multi-core technology. This technical shift from ILP (instruction-level parallelism) to TLP (thread-level parallelism) will reshape the design of future microprocessors. In this course, we will cover both ILP and TLP techniques. The topics we cover include adaptive dynamic branch prediction, high-bandwidth instruction fetch, dynamic scheduling, multiple issue, speculation, multithreading, symmetric multiprocessors, distributed shared memory multiprocessors, synchronization and consistency, and cache and memory hierarchy designs.|
▣ Professor : Lynn Choi( email@example.com, Engineering Bldg, #411, 3290-3249)
▣ Assistant : HanJun Bae(firstname.lastname@example.org, Engineering Bldg, #236, 3290-3896)
▣ Time(Place) : Wednesday(1-2) Innoavtion building, #205
▣ Textbook : "Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach", John L. Hennessy and David A. Patterson, Morgan Kaufmann, 5th Edition, 2012
▣ Reference book : A Collection of Research Papers
▣ Bulitin Board : http://it.korea.ac.kr/engine/index.php?mid=class_notice
▣ Class notice
1. Lecture Note 1 was updated on March 6.
2. Lecture Note 1 was updated again on March 14.
3. Lecture Note 2 was updated on March 14.
4. Lecture Note 1 was updated again on March 21.
5. Lecture Note 3 was updated on March 27.
6. Reading List was updated on March 27.
7. Lecture Note 4 was updated on April 4.
8. Lecture Note 4 was updated again on April 11.
9. Lecture Note 5 was updated on April 11.
10. Lecture Note 5 was updated again on April 17.
11. Lecture Note 6 was updated on April 17.12. Lecture Note 6 was updated again on May 2.
13. Lecture Note 7 was updated on May 2.
14. Lecture Note 8 was updated on May 9.
15. 5월 23일 수업은 교수님 일정으로 인해 휴강이며 보강이 5월 24일 목요일 오후 2시에 신공학관 426B호실에서 진행됩니다.
16. 기말고사는 6월 15일 금요일 오후 2시 신공학관 426B호실에서 진행됩니다.
▣ Lecture slide
▣ Paper Presentation
▣ Reading List